Stepping Forward for the Global Common Good is a five-part workshop series aims to promote the urgency of understanding and participating in the COP26 process that tackles the five key points for decision in COP26 in Glasgow in November. This effort also advances the Ignatian commitment to advocate for climate justice and hopes to animate the collaborative actions emerging among Jesuits and partners to engage in the new normal for climate action and the common good. Pope Francis, in his Apostolic Exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium, calls on all faiths and cultures to a common place of dialogue to weave together the oikos of ecology and the oikos of economy. It is hoped that these workshops will highlight with clarity the nexus of climate change with water, land, biodiversity, food systems, and culture as part of the local-global Ignatian response to the Universal Apostolic Preferences, Laudato Si’, and Fratelli Tutti.
- Worskhop 1: Global Rules, Local Solutions
- Workshop 2: The Right to a Stable Climate: Achieving Net-Zero Solutions by 2050
- Workshop 3: Climate Finance and Green Policy Shifts
- Workshop 4: Towards Greater Business Accountability and Climate Justice for Communities
- Workshop 5: Ignatian Commitments and Collaborations for Climate Action